A guide to the street food scene in Cabarete
Cabarete is a vibrant destination with a thriving street food scene. From grilled meat and seafood to fresh fruit smoothies and empanadas, there is something for every taste. Here is a guide to the street food scene in Cabarete:
- Grilled meat: Throughout Cabarete, you will find street vendors grilling up various meats, including chicken, pork, and beef. The meat is usually served with a side of rice and beans and a choice of sauces. Look for vendors with a big grill and a line of people, as these are usually the best.
- Empanadas: Empanadas are a popular street food in Cabarete, with vendors selling both savory and sweet versions. The savory empanadas are usually filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables, while the sweet ones are filled with fruit or dulce de leche.
- Seafood: The street food scene in Cabarete wouldn’t be complete without seafood. You can find vendors selling everything from grilled lobster and shrimp to fish tacos and ceviche. Look for the stalls with a big cooler of ice, as this is a good indication of fresh seafood.
- Fruits and smoothies: Cabarete is known for its fresh, tropical fruits, and there are plenty of street vendors selling everything from mango and pineapple to watermelon and papaya. You can also find vendors selling fresh fruit smoothies made with a blend of your choice of fruits.
- Snacks: In addition to the main dishes, you can also find vendors selling various snacks, including fried plantains, arepas, and churros. These make for a quick and tasty snack on the go.
When it comes to street food in Cabarete, you’ll find a wide variety of options to choose from. Just be sure to use your best judgement when it comes to hygiene and only eat at stalls that look clean and well-maintained. With a little bit of exploration, you’ll be able to find some delicious street food in Cabarete.